Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baring Your Heart

As I have learned recently, sometimes it is better to just be yourself and trust God for the results.  Because of a few experiences I've had in the past, I have been very hesitant to show who I really am.  I'm always afraid people will get tired of me and my personality, so I back of after a while.  Unfortunately, I was only hurting myself by doing so.
Inspiration for this post hit me when I became friends with someone on Facebook (yes, facebook).  I always try to choose my words carefully to try and impress people, but I'm always I put down the wrong thing, and that they won't like me (or rather my personality) anymore.  But I came to realized that sometimes we must bare our hearts, and show who we really are.  We can put our trust in God that at least one person will still be there for us.
So, if you have the same problem I do, and you have trouble being who you really are, then why don't we promise ourselves that we will no longer hold anything back, and put our trust in God.  I know He'll take of it.  So, what am I saying?  Bare your heart...that's all.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same thing for a while - it was a friendship that I thought was built upon solid ground. Events tested the structure and it fell apart, distancing us both. Through the grace of God, we have since rebuilt the relationship on other grounds, but it will never quite have the trust that could have been the pillar of the first incarnation. The fallout has made me quite vulnerable and cautious in other relationships. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." -I Timothy 1:7

    ReplyDelete