Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Paper Heart

My heart is very fragile, in fact, it's about as fragile as paper.  I guess that's where Francesca Battistelli got her song and I got the name for my blog.  I have learned more in the past year about the fragility of our hearts than I have in my entire life.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't started this to complain and gripe about all my problems, but perhaps this blog can serve as a balm to those who know just how fragile our hearts can be.
It's an amazing thing, how some of the world's strongest men and women (physically) can withstand punch after punch, but when someone breaks their heart, there is nothing to cushion the blow.  The bad thing about it is that once that hurt takes place, it's hard to get out.  Just like once you put a nail in wood, even though you can take it out, it won't take away the scar it leaves.  You have to get a new fence for that.  Only God can truly wipe away the pain that life so willingly offers.
So, this being said, give your paper heart to God, and let Him wipe the slate clean, and give you a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment