Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Called

I felt the call when I was about twelve years old.  I remember that I was at a youth rally when the preacher began naming off cities, villages, and countries that did not have an apostolic church in them.  I got sidetracked by thinking I would one day be a youth pastor's wife.  However, I lost the burden for youth, and I picked up right where I left off with those nations.  It was confirmed later by my mother and pastor that they felt I was called to foreign missions.
Tonight we had a missionary couple visit our church from Bolivia.  The things they said and the wondrous things God is doing in that country literally brought tears to my eyes.  It made me realize just how blessed, yet selfish, this country truly is.  I felt a heavy burden in my soul for this country, and I have decided that one I would like to go on a mission trip.  Or at least help in some way.
I know that God has called me to do something wonderful in another country.  I have been way too stubborn and I'm sick of it, and I have been self-centered for too long and I'm tired of myself.  I will do whatever I can to win souls from now on, and hopefully, if the Lord tarries, I will one day win souls for another country (I only have prayer and fasting for right now).
Thank you, Lord, that I have been called!

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Romans 1:6
Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment