Friday, March 8, 2013

Worn

Okay, so if you listen to K-love or are familiar with Tenth Avenue North's music, then you've heard their new song 'Worn'.  At first, I wasn't so sure about it, but as I began to listen to it, I realize how much this fits into several, if not all of our lives.

We've all experienced it-that dragging, consistent weariness.  Some days it's simply because we've had a busy day or we've got so much to do that the very thought of work makes us weary.  Other times it's  like depression and we get dragged down with the cares of this life.  For me, it's been the latter more so than the former.

Lately, I've been really stressed out with different things.  In fact, I can't even really tell you what the real source of that stress is.  I guess it's because I'm growing up and there's nothing I can do to stop it.  I'm finding myself having to make difficult decisions, and although they don't compare with the tough decisions many adults have to make, I still find them pretty big.

Because of this stress, or worry, I've been wandering aimlessly around the house doing various tasks to occupy my mind.  By the time I've completed just a few tasks, however, I feel like I'm exhausted.  Granted, the weather here in Indiana hasn't been bright and sunny, so that contributes to everyone's weariness, but I still feel tired when I shouldn't be.

Sometimes the cares of this life can choke us to the point where we lose our focus on God and become worn.  We get stressed out with our job, relationships, etc. and we worry about it way more than what we should.  Then, we try to figure our problems out on our own instead of going to the One who told us to cast our cares on Him.  This causes us to get weary and tired with finding the solution and can sometimes even cause us to feel down and melancholy.

But that's not the way God designed us.  In 1 Peter 5:7, it says, "Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."  God loves us, and only He can truly know the best solution to our problems.  It's only through Him that we can find that peace that lasts through the good and bad times.  The peace that causes us to realize no matter what we go through, it's going to be alright.  With God, we don't have to be worn down by life's circumstances.

So what's going on in your life?  Is there a situation or problem that's causing you to stress and exhaust yourself finding an answer?  If so, remember that God is beside you right now, waiting for you to turn your problems over to Him.  Find peace in the Peacemaker and allow Him to give you rest.

Cast Your Cares On Him,
Hannah Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9na42244ZU. Lately the weather has been so bipolar and consequently so have I. But now I'm sunny with a high of 75 since you took my heavy heart and made it light. And its funny how you find you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel like that song completely relates to most of the people in Indiana around this time...the weather always affects our moods and lately it has been so bipolar! My brain is still trying to figure out whether it's still Winter or Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete