Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inadequacy

Yes, I admit that I may not be as pretty or as smart as the next girl, but I also admit that I am of some importance, for God chose to make me.  I struggle greatly with feelings of inadequacy.  In fact, it may be one of the hardest things I have ever had to overcome, but God has helped me, and will help me, with all those feelings that may rise to the surface.
I felt I needed to broach this subject, for I am positive there are many others feeling the same thing I do right now.  Know that you are NOT alone on this. 
Feelings of inadequacy often arise after heartbreaks and insults.  When a guy breaks up with you; when your friend betrays you or walks out of your life; even when somebody gets a higher score on a test than you.  All these things can bring feelings of inadequacy.  These feelings can tear you apart one by one, until you have no self-esteem whatsoever.
However, you need to know that you are precious in the eyes of God.  He made you in His image.  He is carefully guiding you with His mighty hand, even when it doesn't feel like it.  You DO NOT have to feel inferior to those around you.  God made you special and He loves you so much more than you can comprehend.  I am pleading with you that you bring these feelings to God, and allow Him to change your self-image.  You are beautiful, no matter what the world says.  You are special!  You are lovely and God loves you so, so much!  Don't allow others to ruin your self-esteem, for we are not what the world thinks, only what we see and think of ourselves are we.  Keep your faith in God, or, if you don't have any, pray that He will show you how to trust in Him, and follow Him.  Don't let this world try to shake you and give up your principles, values, and beliefs.

2 Corinthians 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment