Saturday, July 2, 2011

Together

I used to be the type of person that constantly wanted to be alone (mainly stemming from the rejection I felt from others).  I would sit in my room for hours reading, writing, and thinking.  Sometimes it would consume my day.  Eventually, I realized that I was pretty much a loner, and my life was a very forlorn life.
I know enjoy the company of others, and I treasure each and every moment with family.  I find beauty and splendor in the togetherness of people.  With friends and family you find laughter and life.  You suddenly no longer feel loneliness wrapping its claws around you.  God knew what He was talking about when he gave the inspiration for these verses in Ecclesiastes 4.

 9Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
 10For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
 11Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
 12And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Now I just have to ask you one thing.  Do you live a lonely life?  Do you often find yourself alone and wishing somebody, anybody would come and talk to you or acknowledge you?  But then again, have you ever tried to talk to somebody else.  Don't deprive yourself of companionship because of fear, pride, or past hurts.  You NEED somebody in your life.  You can't go on living without anyone forever.
Just remember this post when you find yourself sitting alone.  Yes, a little alone time is good.  You don't need to be around people constantly.  However, don't allow yourself to live a lonely life.  Strive to live a life filled with laughter, friends, and family.  God wants you to live that kind of life.  He wants the very best for you.  Just remember that.

Proverb 27:17
 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

1 comment:

  1. I especially like this post. I need to treasure the friends I do have around me.

    ReplyDelete